Zanzibar Grandma’s Homemade Cooking Class at Jambiani Fishing Village
Taste the local flavors of Zanzibar during this 3-hour small-group cooking class in Jambiani Fishing Village! Taking place at an enchanting village inside Swahili House, your homemade cooking class is run by an experienced and passionate Grandma who demonstrates traditional family Swahili cooking. Under Grandma’s watchful eye, prepare an authentic Swahili feast and then sit down with fellow food-lovers in your group to eat!
This small-group cooking class is limited to 15 people, ensuring you'll learn all about Zanzibar Grandma’s Homemade cooking in an intimate atmosphere.
- 3-hourZanzibar Grandma’s Homemade cooking class at an enchanting village inside local Swahili House
- Enjoy a fresh juice from young coconutand learn about traditional family cooking in Jambiani Fishing Village
- Hone your cooking skills under the watchful eye of a local Grandma
- Prepare four authentic Swahili starters and one main course
- Sit down and relax as you enjoy your Swahili feast inside Swahili Local House
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people provides a personalized experience
- A fun and yummy way to spend an evening. Get cooking tips from a local Grandma as you prepare a meal of Cassava in coconut Sauce, shellfish and Seafood platter with fellow food lovers. Then savor the fruits of your labor!
What You Can Expect
Based on fresh, natural and colorful foods from both land and sea, Swahili diet is a perfect example of Zanzibar cuisine. On this small-group cooking class, dive right into Zanzibar food world, and learn about heartwarming stews, fresh shellfish and classic flavorings such as lemon, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
Make your own way to the start point in Zanzibar towards Jambiani Fishing Village, and then walk to a beloved local eatery with your host. Head inside to meet your local Grandma, and start the lesson with a sip of fresh coconut Juice while chatting with other food-lovers in your group.
With your Local Grandma at your side to show you how traditional Swahili cooking is done, prepare and cook an authentic Swahili meal consisting of four starters and one main course, using fresh herbs and spices. Dishes vary each class, but typical specialties that you may make are shellfish, seafood platter, coconut cassava, plantains and fresh tropical salad.
At the end of the class, sit down with your group to enjoy the highlight of your evening: eating the feast that you’ve created with your own hands! Relax with wine and chat about cooking tips and Swahili cuisine with your group.